Want to see job posts daily
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
This is a Fulltime position
7 on / 7 off Rotation – Compressed Work Schedule
No Flights/ No Camp provided. – Local Candidates Only
Bussing Information Provided
This position reports directly to the Site Manager and is expected to operate assigned equipment in a safe and effective manner. Due to the nature of our work, Operators may be required to perform Labourer duties from to time
- Grader operation
- Operate all assigned equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Read, countersign and enter comments into daily operator log book
- Complete and document a pre-operational check on assigned equipment
- Grease equipment as necessary
- Ensure all equipment has proper safety equipment in place
- Keep interior clean.
- Any required repairs to assigned equipment are communicated to maintenance personnel
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers and other employees
- Participate in Job Hazard Assessments, Feld Level Risk Assessments and line-up meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Site Superintendent
Education & Experience:
- Valid Class 1, 3 is a must
- Clean Driving History
- 2-5 Years’ Heavy Equipment GPS operating system experience.
- Ability to lift and pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in all weather
- Ability to work shift work
- Safety conscious attitude
- OSSA (OSSA Regional Orientation) and/or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation)
- CSTS (Construction Safety Training System)
- Ground Disturbance
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Ability to pass Drug & Alcohol and a Fit for Duty Test
- Applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
Main Office PO Box 6607, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 5N4
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/