Want to see job posts daily
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With four main offices in Edmonton, Acheson, Calgary and Fort McMurray; projects throughout Western Canada; nearly 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
- Actively supports safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures, follows Morgan’s PPE policies and practices and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion
- Understand the issues involving ground disturbance, lives sites and ability to work in and follow safe work practices and procedures and contribute to a safe work environment
- Understand issues involving ground disturbance and ability to work in and implement safe work practices and contribute to a safe work environment
- Demonstrates good judgment and think problems through where applicable, and suggests improvements on job quality
- Interacts with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive work site. Also, has the ability to work well with others, and independently.
- Improving job quality by identifying and suggesting improvements.
- Various locations throughout Alberta – Must be able to travel to Edmonton, Alberta
- Camp provided, various locations across Alberta including
- Transportation not included: must have own Vehicle drive in and out of site.
- Must have at least 3 years of recent experience on a Rigid Frame Haul Truck ( NOT heavy hauler, class 1 is NOT required)
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional, or OSSA Basic Safety Orientation or the new Common Safety Orientation, Standard First Aid level C, H2S Alive, Wildlife intermediate, WHMIS 2015 are considered an asset.
- Experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator preferably in the heavy civil earthworks, construction or oilfield maintenance services industry is required, mining experience would be considered an asset
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day
- Must be able to work day or night shifts
- Shifts 21/7 or 14/7
*Please note as daily work scope changes, some labouring on site may be required *
Job Type: Fly-In/Fly-Out
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)