Do you know what direction you’re headed? Let us be your vehicle.
At Acden, we prioritize safety above all and part of that safety is putting individuals in the right role. We don’t want you to just survive in your environment, we want you to thrive. Join our supportive team of skilled individuals today.
*Class One (1) Operator
Acden Environment Limited Partnership is seeking four (4) Class One (1) Operatorsto join its Offsitesoperations in Fort McMurray, Alberta. This position will consist of 14 days on, 7 days off; 10-hour day shifts; however, schedules, shifts and site locations may change from time to time to meet operational requirements. This is a local position to Fort McMurray; candidates must have their own accommodations within the region.
The Class One (1) Operator is primarily responsible for maintaining waste services through collection and transportation of waste and equipment. This position requires transportation of vehicles, heavy and/or over-dimensional loads using various tractor/trailer combinations including but not limited to; Transport Van, Flat Deck, Super B, and Landoll. This position will also be responsible for operating Lugger, Roll Off, and Front Load trucks in a safe and appropriate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate truck-mounted hydraulic hoisting devices and various highway tractor/trailers including roll off truck and trailer combinations
- Complete thorough Commercial Vehicle Inspections as required, including the documenting and reporting of any deficiencies promptly to immediate Supervisor
- Ensure all waste services are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Notify Dispatch Coordinator of delays, unsafe worksites, incidents, equipment breakdowns and/or other maintenance or operational concerns
- Inspect condition of waste bins, report defects, and monitor condition and functionality
- Provide long-haul transportation services, including overnight routes as required
- Address and resolve client concerns and when appropriate refer complaints and questions to the leadership and/or Supervisor
- Ensure that housekeeping and cleanliness of all worksites and equipment are sustained, and ensure disposal of excess debris
- Understand and adhere to all Acden and client company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned that fulfil the demands of the role
- Valid Class One (1) Operator’s Licence or equivalent
- Five (5) or more years of professional truck driving experience
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate
- Load securement experience in accordance with Alberta Provincial Cargo Securement Regulation
- Experience adhering to the Alberta Provincial Hours of Service Regulations
- Previous Roll Off, Front Lift, Landoll, and Flat Deck experience is a strong asset
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Clear and precise verbal and written communication skills
- Eligible to work on all Acden client sites as required by the position
- Safety driven attitude and attention to detail
- Valid Common Safety Orientation (CSO);or OSSA BSO Certificate, or a combination of CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional certificates
- Commercial Abstract demonstrating a pattern of safe and compliant driving behaviour
- You must submit at the time of application, 5-year commercial drivers’ abstract that is not more than 30 days old. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application. The abstract must have been obtained within the last 30 days
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Hearing, and Visual pre-employment screening test
- Periodic mandatory sleeper-berth rest on long haul routes
- Must be able to successfully complete a driver’s evaluation
- Competitive industry wage and group benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long-term disability and life insurance)
- Opportunity to participate in Acden’s Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Contribution
Interested candidates are invited to complete our online application through our careers centre atwww.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Load Securement: 1 year (Preferred)
- class 1 truck driving: 5 years (Preferred)
- Recycling/ Landfill: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Preferred)
- CSO; or OSSA BSO; or CSTS-09/OSSA Regional (Preferred)
- Class 1 Operator (Preferred)
- ability to access all oil sand sites in the RWMB region (Preferred)